Thursday, October 16, 2008

Rough day

Today we had some problems with my son and I was just devastated not knowing what to do about it. I had basically been reduced to a puddle of mush and cried nonstop. I'm pretty certain I overreacted as I packed every item in Brennan's room up and put it all in the storage closet. He has NOTHING left in his room except his bed, dresser, and his bible. I'm not sure how long I plan to keep it like that but I had no idea what else to do. I just feel so out of control where it comes to him these days and I felt like maybe if there was nothing left for him to be distracted by we'd finally get somewhere.
About 2 hours after I finished packing Brennan's room I got a call from my mom. I didn't answer it because I was still reeling from the situation and wasn't ready to talk about it. But after I didn't answer my house phone my cell started ringing and after the second time calling my cell I answered it and it was my brother. All he said was that we had a problem. My heart stopped because my brother rarely calls me. He lives with my mom and I was terrified that I was getting bad news. And yep that's exactly what it was. BAD NEWS. My nephew had been hit by a car. Not just hit by a car while riding his scooter in front of his house but hit and dragged down the road because the teenager that hit him had no idea he'd hit a 6 year old boy. Needless to say my brother in law hit the kid and ended up in jail to make matters worse. Jopey is ok, he's covered head to toe in road rash but there's not broken bones and THANK GOD he was wearing a helmet because he might not have survived otherwise. So after the phone call I was completely useless because it makes it that much harder to live 2000 miles away from my family. So I had to wait for news from someone there to know what was going on and if he was ok. So as you can guess the awful panic attack monster reared it's ugly head. I was a wreck, I can't imagine what my sister was going through. I missed class tonight and I hope that I'll be able to make up the work, since we were testing tonight. But there was NO way I was going to be able to concentrate on tests tonight when I could barely function. Thank God for amazing friends who have become family and were there to help in any way they could tonight. Amazing how God puts people in your life that understand and help you get through when you need it most.

1 comment:

Niki said...

Oh Dear, I just came over from a comment on my blog. I am so sorry you are going through this. The first part about dealing with your son. I completely relate. We are having major issues with my 4 year old and I know exactly the feeling you were experiencing before the phone call. I will be saying a prayer for your nephew, I cannot imagine the fear they and you are feeling right now.